the stuff

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Star Wars in Concert!

Tonight I get to go to a show that combines two of my favourite things. Star Wars and music. Star Wars in Concert is a travelling road show that was 4 years in the making. Featuring newly edited footage from all six films, an 86 piece orchestra and the narration of Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), it makes for a great night for any fan! Custom screens will allow everyone in the arena to have a good view of the movie footage.
John Williams; who scored the films, is not conducting, but accomplished conductor, Dirk Brosse is taking the helm for the show.
In addition to the orchestra, choir and giant screens, there is also an exhibit that is available for the public to see. Props from the films as well as some pieces from the archives of Skywalker Ranch will be on display 2 hours prior to the show.
When I checked this morning there were still good seats available, so if you're a Star Wars fan, check it out!

2 comments:

Ian C. said...

Thanks! Turns out they'll be in Boston next week ... I see a trip in to the city in my future :)

Moormur said...

I saw Howard Shore live do the LOTR concert a few years back.

Epic.